When a photograph is cut in half, you get two very different photographs. When a hologram is cut in half, you get two identical holograms. This is analogous to the difference between closed hierarchical organizaional models and open network organizational models. The hierarchy enables a centralized state, while the network enables stateless decentralization. Asymmetric protocols form hierarchy, where each individual has a superior, due to imbalances of information, and centraliation of power. Holographers create symmetric protocols, which form networks between autonomous peers.
A guild system carves out the various motivations for human activity and serves as a context for the creation and flow of protocols across organizations. One of the most fundamental guilds of the TEAM, the Holographers’ Guild discovers, articulates, develops, and refines the protocols which underlie the stigmergic functioning of the blockchain illuminati.
Holographers bring noncommunicative opposites into communication with each other, bridging schisms or prejudicial divides in communication through the formulation and discovery of new protocols which offer meta-perspectival views to all who adopt them. In this capacity, hologragraphers act as social alchemists.
The Directory Do-op indexes the activities of all other do-ops, so it’s easy to see what everyone else is working on, and how that work combines holopticistically (synarchically). This reduces duplication of effort, creates new connections and cross-pollination, and makes all projects more accessible to newcomers (the directory is a rapid onboarding interface).
- This page and the CIC site in general
- The other directories listed above under “Other directories”
- Whatever other directories people in these communities use (add some here)
The Do-op Do-op helps to formalize and catalog collective activity as do-ops.
There is an updated list of people on the MetaCurrency Project homepage.
- Weekly meetings Wednesdays at 9:30am PST—for those who have accountabilities in the spreadsheet
- Metacurrency Philosophy chat—bimonthly video chat for easier entry (does this still exist?)
These protocols are used internally to regulate access to the community and its spaces and files.
- The Holographer’s Guildhall is our headquarters on Telegram. Ask @Ameslari for an invite.
- The Holographer’s Guildbook is a shared notebook. Ask @papersheepdog for an invite.
- The Holographer’s Guildbook is also expressed at the spectacle.agency website.
- Articulating the Protocols
- The Holographers’ Guildbook, aka The Book of the TEAM
- The guilds system
- Enscribing the methods of writing protocols (meta-protocols)
- Studying the Glass Bead Game
- Registration and check-in of mutants and other powered individuals—(see the TEAM page for more info)